My phone rang at 3 pm yesterday and even before I picked it up, 3 text messages came in
Geomagic will be the technology behind the Kinect®-to-3D print app that is part of 3D Systems’ Cubify.com launch at this year's Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2012).
This application, at an early stage of development, will demonstrate the automated process of 3D imaging and 3D printing for consumers. For CES it enables an instant 3D image of visitors at the event to be automatically turned into a 3D model and printed out on a 3D printer during the show.
Geomagic’s Kinect-to-3D print technology is fresh out of Geomagic’s R&D division, as an application built on top of Geomagic Studio®, Geomagic’s flagship software best known for its simple user experience and powerful processing tools for taking 3D scan data into design and fabrication. 3D data taken using this method can also be used for other purposes including design, testing, innovation, archive and prototyping.
Come to watch the Kinect-to-3D print in action, and get a model of yourself at CES at the 3D Systems’ booth # 13345.
You can see a video of the software in action at: http://youtu.be/0RsIUI0XVy0
View the kinect-to-3d video now
- Geomagic Freeform Puts a Face to Missing Children   (Beyond The Box)
- You don’t have to spend an arm and a leg on CAD-CAM   (Beyond The Box)
- Richmond County School District Learns to Scan, and Scans to Learn   (Beyond The Box)
- Bits to Its: 3D Printed Art Show Introduces a New Dimension in Art Competitions   (Beyond The Box)
- The weekend Reading List - May 17, 2013   (Beyond The Box)